Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Driver

I remember my mother learning how to drive. She was 60 years old and I was a teenager, who already had her license. I couldn't figure out why she was so overwhelmed and frazzled. After all, what was the big deal? All she needed to do was turn the key, put it in drive and go.

Now I know how my mother must have felt. I am new to blogging and feel overwhelmed and frazzled at the other blogsites. I also know my age is showing, as this is nothing new for my much younger fellow teachers.

I was watching a program recently on the aging of the brain. Research shows that the best way to keep dimentia and alzheimers at bay, is to learn something new-to stretch beyond our comfort zone. So I have decided to consider this blogging experience as my anti-alzheimer medication. I'm only 56, yet it's never too soon to work on keeping the mind young.

No comments: