Sunday, July 19, 2009

Worth a Mint

I just finished a concept map that ties into a virtual field trip found at the U. S. Mint website http://www.usmint.gov/mint_tours/index.cfm?flash=yes.

I found creating my first concept map to be extremely time consuming; yet very valuable. Although time consuming; the process was 'worth a mint' for I will be able to use it in my classes. I love the concept mapping software and can see using it frequently at school.

I am still trying to figure out how to add the concept file to this blog. Please be patient:)
Enjoy,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also found the concept map to be very time consuming as I was trying to figure out how to put everthing in the proper place.But like anything, I believe that it will be a much easier task in the future. If you used spinscape, I believe that you can make it public with a link to your blog. You can find this information in the same tab that you use to save the map.
Did you find that the virtual field trips almost too interesting? The ones that I looked at, I could spend a lot of time clicking and checking things out. How will you scale it down to meet your lesson plans?