Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thanks for the Helping Hand

All of the last 3 comments gave me some great food for thought. Today I did the concept map assignment with another student and now better understand the challenges a student would face. Yes, becoming the student and completing the assignment prior to giving it to my students is a great route to take.

I also like the idea of giving students a completed concept map and have them explain it via a blog. I will use that idea in the future.

This third idea is to have a group of teachers use a wiki. In the past the assistant principal and I tried to do that and got very little teacher 'buy-in'. I think we need to use some time during the next teacher's meeting to show the teachers how a wiki can benefit them. I have spoken with our technology support staff and given that suggestion. They are the ones given time during the teacher's meeting.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

No comments: