Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thanks for the Words of Encouragement and Advice

It is always nice to hear words of encouragement and support. Thanks to those that have commented on my blog. Matt's suggestion that I look to the blog and social networking sites for teacher support is something I have not done to date. Only recently have I come to understand that the social networking sites are being used by mature adults to support each others' learning. They say we are never too old to learn. Since new learning helps ward off Alzheimer's disease, I will consider learning social networking as a mental health activity. Since I am over 50 years old, anything I can do to keep my mind healthy is a good thing. Thanks for the help!

1 comment:

amorea said...

You are right we are never too old to learn!

I am looking into some teacher support sites to help familiarize me with social networking. I wanted to create a Facebook page for my class, but my district will not allow the site to filter through the system. So..plan B I guess! I think I am going to look into Twitter and go from there.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!